Flex-a-Door Garage Doors by Garador
The unique Garador Flex-A-Door® is the perfect alternative when you are looking to replace your existing tilt garage door, or in situations where you have restricted headroom in your garage or carport.
For over 50 years, the Garador Roller Door has been leading the way, and it has now been used to create a completely new garage door to overcome headroom and weather-tightness issues.
The Flex A-Door features the famous Garador Roll-A-Door® curtain, fitted on a curving track, so the curtain lifts from a vertical position up into a horizontal position, close to the ceiling – providing a clean, neat appearance on both the outside and inside.
A Flex-A-Door can be left open at any height for ventilation or pet access. With a Flex-A-Door there is no large gap between the garage door and framing as it extends past the opening to effectively seal off the elements. A deep cushioning weatherseal helps restrict the entry of water and leaves while taking care of slightly uneven floors - you can now keep the weather outside.
Height - up to 2775mm
Width - 1200mm-3150mm
The Flex-A-Door will enhance the appearance of your home with a quality finish and colour options including:
- An extensive range of colours to choose from, enough choices to suit any exterior
- Roll-A-Door curtain for a clean, neat appearanceStylishly designed centre lift lock
- Hidden extension spring providing a tidy, uncluttered finishFlex-A-Door fits behind the opening and does not protrude forward, like jamb or canopy type tilting doors – this means the door can be fitted to openings with unusual shapes, such as arches, etc
- In situations where a Flex-A-Door and a Roll-A-Door may be installed next to each other, or in close proximity, the two doors match
EASE OF OPERATION
Your Flex-A-Door will continue to be easy to open and close, with features such as:
- Limited headroom required above the walk-in height requirement, with a Roll-A-Door curtain, moving like a sectional door
- Nylofelt® running strips for effortless sliding action
- Door can be left open at any height, giving the added convenience of allowing the door to be partially opened for ventilation, while providing privacy when working in the garage
The garage today is used to store many different valuable objects, and in some cases is converted into another room, so weather protection is an important feature of any garage door. Flex-A-Door features:
- Quality Pre-painted, Zinc-based steel to stand up to the harsh New Zealand climate
- A weatherseal with deep cushioning helping restrict entry of water and leaves. On slightly uneven floors it reduces the gap for a better fit
- A curtain that fits behind the opening and runs on a track, so Flex-A-Door won't blow shut in the wind like a tilt door can, and Flex-A-Door also restricts the wind from blowing through the entry way as can happen with tilt doors, which fit within the opening and therefore have a gap on each side
SMOOTH, QUIET OPERATION
- Nylofelt® running strips and nylon rollers with bearings ensuring your door slides up and down with minimal effort
- Plastic insert in the horizontal track providing smooth quiet operation
SAFETY FOR YOUR FAMILY
Safety should be a key consideration when selecting your garage door, as door failures can cause serious injury. The following safety features have been built in to your Flex-A-Door:
- Extension springs enclosed and above head height – well out of the reach of children
- No moving brackets or door supports which could act as finger or arm entrapments
The Flex-A-Door includes additional security features for peace of mind, such as:
- Waist height lock for ease of use and added security
- Pick resistant lock design
- The locking system is difficult to tamper with, as Flex-A-Door fits behind the opening, so security is improved
STRENGTH & DURABILITY
Your Flex-A-Door will continue to operate like new, with features such as:
- Springs designed to exceed the Australian Standard for garage doors – 20,000 cycles
- The Roll-A-Door steel curtain providing a more rigid, stronger door
Recommended Clearance Requirements:
Manual Headroom - 40mm
Headroom with opener - 70mm Minimum
Sideroom - 100mm Minimum
Drivethrough Height - Opening Height Less 40mm
Download the Flex-A-Door Specification Sheet
It's important to have peace of mind when you make a purchase, that's why your Garador Flex-A-Door comes with a:
- 12 month warranty for complete door and parts in domestic / residential and industrial / commercial applications, surface (excludes salt corrosion)
Your Garador Flex-A-Door combines perfectly with the Garador GDO-11 opener.
- Double bar centre lift lock, with internal turn knob for easier operation.
- New 6 wafter lock barrel design, featuring a much sturdier locking mechanism that is highly pick resistant.
- Can be Manually Operated