Ply & Batten Garage Doors
Ashton Ply & Cedar Batten Sectional Garage Doors are effectively a blank canvas. Firstly, choose the type of plywood required. This may match existing ply used on the house, or make the garage door a visual feature of the home.
Any number of cedar batten profiles and positions can then be used to create a truly unique garage door that will increase the street appeal of the home. It is common for the battens to be used to cover the ply and/or panel joins, however, Ashton's door construction method allows the joins to be left visible should the design require it.
The plywood cladding is attached to a 25x25mm galvanised box section welded steel frame. The battens are glued and then screwed to the ply from the back of the door.
Residential Sectional Garage Door
A sectional garage door is produced by hinging a number of rigid panels together. These panels move vertically in the opening, then horizontally along the ceiling guided by tracks and counterbalanced with springs.
Ashton Garage Doors recommends that all sectional doors be installed with a proven reliable automatic garage door opener.
- "Overlap" panel profile.
- Custom sizes – doors are made to order.
- Panel heights can be adjusted to suit the batten design within reason, effectively hiding panel joins when required, to create the perfect look.
- Welded 25x25mm galvanised box-section frame for the utmost strength.
- Various ply types and batten profiles available to suit any style or design.
- Ply & Batten timber cladding provides natural variations in colour and grain for a truly unique door.
- Ply & Batten timber is the perfect cladding choice for coastal environments.
- Heavy duty galvanised hinges.
- Wheels have ball-bearings for smoother, more durable operation.
- Springs designed to comply with requirements of Aust./NZ Standard i.e. 20,000 cycles.
- Reinforcing for wide doors.
- Bottom weather-seal helps prevent leaves and dirt from entering the garage even on slightly uneven floors.
- All Ashton Architectural Garage Doors are handmade to exacting standards to ensure each door is of premium quality.